Saturday, January 9, 2010

When Life Gives you Lemons... (Part 1)


Make lemonade! This week has been very trying to say the least. So it just made my day when Karen at Educating Crumpet honored me with the Lemonade Stand Award!

As with any award, there are a few ‘rules’ that should be followed:
The Lemonade Stand Award is awarded for being a blogger who shows great attitude and gratitude. The rules for accepting this award:

- Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

So, I've given this some thought and since my blog seems to have become a mixture of stories about our life on the road interspersed with tidbits about homeschooling, I decided I’d select five bloggers from each category to honor with the Lemonade Stand Award. So, here goes…

If you’ve noticed the Families on the Road button on the side of my page, you know there are other people crazy enough to embark on this lifestyle, though of course we don’t see ourselves this way! I've found many blogs this way and think you'll enjoy these too.

You may remember Show Us the World when I distributed my last blog award, well, they now have a spin off; their teenage son Austin has recently started his own blog The Teenage Traveler. Since I have been unsuccessful in my own attempts to coerce, I mean encourage, my children to blog about our adventures, I am awarding Austin an award because I love his attitude and he seems to be really sweet!

Fairly new to the full-time lifestyle, Discovering US is a blog that I keep my eye on. I’m still impressed that they cooked their entire Thanksgiving meal over an open fire. I can’t wait to read about all the discoveries they make on the road.

Another blog I’ve enjoyed is The Ticknor Tribe,the chronicles of a little family of 13 that are flourishing on the road while living in their travel trailer. Well, actually, they just upgraded to a huge 5th Wheel- I’m so jealous I may have to stop reading. OK, just kidding! I really can’t wait until they post the inside tour…I love reading how this lifestyle works for other families.

Last week I found Smitty’s Info and after reading Sherri’s post I’ve Never Been so Hairy ,I decided she deserved an award!

This week I found a new blog, The Stafford’s on the Road. They’ve been on the road for a bit now and have traveled to some pretty cool places and have lots of neat pictures to prove it. The post to Sylvan Lake II caught my eye when they mentioned the movie National Treasure II, we loved both the National Treasure movies! Anyway, remember the Eagle Rock, where the treasure was found? They went in search of it...cool stuff.

I know that’s five, but I really have another one that I want to mention, Where Are We Now. They have a neat goal to visit every baseball stadium in America. I just began reading their blog when they got to Florida, because I dream of visiting the Everglades and they beat me to it. Be sure to read about their visit to Everglades National Park.

Well, that concludes this part of the Blog Awards… I hope you take the time to stop by and check out each of these blogs and enjoy reading about these families as much as I do!

And don't forget to stop back next week when I’ll be posting my favorite, Top Five Homeschooling blogs…according to me that is….until then…Blessings from the Road!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the award!! I'm encouraged!! You're a great networker and I appreciate all the resources you include in your blog. Many rich blessings.... -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...