Thursday, May 20, 2010

Squished NO More!

Okay, I did mention briefly that we went to Ohio over Mother's Day Weekend for my brother's wedding. Well, this is a glimpse into our car- (do you remember that my Trailblazer had a major breakdown on the way back to Alabama at Christmastime, so we left it in Ohio at my mother-in-laws and rented a car to get home)? Well, that was a mouthful, I'm really glad I got all that out! Well since then, we've been sucking it up without a vehicle, saving money for one that would be a better fit for our family. Check out the pictures from this trip in the largest rental "car" that I could get.And, yes, I could have rented a minivan or large SUV if they were available...and this particular day...that wasn't an option.
They do look comfy, don't they? Did I forget to tell you that we took the entire family along?
Vincent tried to get comfortable but just couldn't do it and of course everyone kept pushing him around. Here he is trying to lay on my lap with his head under the steering wheel. After the gear shift got knocked in neutral my husband forced him to sit on his lap the entire rest of the trip.

Well, on the return trip- it was an entirely different story. While my husband left a day earlier than us to return the rental car, the kids and I picked up our new to us vehicle and dropped my mother-in-law off in Knoxville, Tennessee on our way home.
Chelsea looks happy doesn't she? I can't say they were initially thrilled about being the proud owners of a custom conversion van with PINK interior, but it seemed to grow on them once they realized that everyone had their own space. When I say everyone, I do mean everyone. Check out Vincent now! He managed to make quite a mess, but that only means he was content and felt at home.
After we dropped off my mother-in-law, Joshua and Chelsea switched off and on between the front passenger seat and the back, but Nickolaus didn't budge the entire time. You see that lump stretched out across the back seat? That's him, sleeping almost the entire 11 hour trip! OK, maybe he did manage to rouse himself enough to eat and go pee but really other than that we didn't hear a peep out of him.
Now that's what I call room!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha - love the pics! I can really get a feel for how the trip went! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you new car! I sure can use all that space!Of course, my daughter would love the pink interior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful space! I love your shot of them squished in the car - such happy memories :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...