Two years ago, we got our first glimpse of what it would be like to live in a camper when my husband was working in Kentucky. Our family ended up staying in a camper in Southern Ohio. While the camper met all or our needs, it didn't have some of the amenities that we are used to. No TV, no internet and no cell phone reception! What's a family to do without all those modern day luxuries??? In addition to spending time enjoying the local wildlife, fishing, reading, and playing board games, the kids decided they each wanted to begin writing their own books. My daughter decided she would write a travel book and began compiling a list of her favorite travel destinations. The boys quickly decided they also wanted to compile a list and soon the entire family was reminiscing about some of the wonderful, and not so wonderful, places we've visited. What we came up with was an agreed upon Top 10 of our families favorite travel spots. Here's a list of what we came up with, though not necessarily in the correct order:
1. Walt Disney World, Florida
2. Washington D.C.
3. Biltmore Estate, North Carolina
4. The Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Tennessee
5. Mammoth Caves National Park, Kentucky
6. Hocking Hills State Park, Ohio
7. Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia
8. St. Augustine, Florida
9. Assateague Island National Seashore, Maryland & Virginia
10. The Stature of Liberty, New York/New Jersey
Of course, since that time we've traveled to a few other great places, like Georgia,Tennessee, or our recent trip to the Alamo. I guess it's about time the kids worked on a new Top Ten List!
What's your favorite family vacation?