Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sick and Stranded

It wouldn’t be enough to be stranded. No way….to add to the suspense, we have to be stranded WITH some type of stomach virus. Not an ideal situation. It started with the boys and then I was next. Well, I don’t really know if it was the stomach flu or just a sympathy puke on my part. Hard to imagine, huh?

I’ve discovered that since my kids are older and I no longer clean up dirty diapers and spit-up that my immunity to clean up messes without flinching or gagging has worn off. Of course, I imagine that cleaning up after a teenager whose last meal was Taco Bell is less than desirable as if that would be my dream chore in the first place.

All I can say is that I feel really, really bad for my mother-in-law and I’m praying that we don’t repay her hospitality by leaving her with a terrible departing gift. Yikes…

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry that you are sick! I hope that you get both you and the car in working order, the snow will go away and you can hit the road! Hope you have a better (and safe) New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh know. The stomach flu is awful! I hope it leaves quick.

    And I have to say that I admire what you are your family are doing. What a cool thing to do, travel all over the country. Awesome!

    Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...