Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Traditions...

I can blame my desire to see the annual Christmas lights on my grandparents. Each year, my Grandpa would load my Grandma, my mom, my brothers, me and as many of my cousins (and I have many) into his truck as he could and we would drive through an awesome display with hundreds of lights. Our little bodies would be crammed into the back of the truck under the cab, pressing our faces against the windows so we wouldn't miss anything, wrapped tight in blankets to help ward off the cold- afterall, that was Ohio weather!

Since than, it just doesn't seem like Christmas if my husband and I haven't driven somewhere to see lights. Even if it means just driving through our own neighborhood viewing the displays that have been carefully, painstakingly created for the pleasure of each passerby. So the tradition continues with my own family...

Tonight we packed up and headed to the Huntsville Botanical Garden to see the Galaxy of Lights...a beautiful light display featuring more than 700 light displays in 150 scenes set in 10 or so distinct themes. Our family loves to see the light displays...wherever we may be. So on with the radio and traditional Christmas music...let the light show begin...




We laughed and recited nursery rhymes...the Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe...Little Miss Muffet...Humpty Dumpty...



Beautiful, sparkling trees...



Hungry, Roaring Dinosaurs...



Snowflake tunnel...



Where would we be without Jesus?



a sparkling palace...



and our favorite icicle forest!

We really enjoyed this display and of all the light displays we've been too, this one certainly had a ton of lights!

While reminiscing about light displays we've seen in the past, we all agreed that the most unique location to view Christmas lights that we've seen so far, would have to go to Virginia Beach for their light display along the Boardwalk.

How about you? What do you think has been the most unique place to view Christmas Lights?

4 comments:

  1. looks like a great place! we need to find a place like that to take the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love light shows!

    Its all looking very christmassy here with the snow and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a creative display! We have not been around to tour any light displays this year - lame, I know!

    Welcome to SITs. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, love the dinosaurs..lol Stopping in from SITS to welcome you to the group, it's nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...