Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Easy & Delicious Dinner Idea

I know my camera stinks and this is a lousy picture, but I took a chance and decided to post it anyway. I hope the poor picture quality doesn't make you loose your appetite because I was hoping you'd try this deliciously simple recipe for yourself. Easy enough to prepare in my teeny-tiny motor home kitchen. Not that I can't cook just about anything in my kitchen, but who doesn't appreciate a super easy meal every now and then?

So, exactly what is this meal I speak of? Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Tacos served with a simple colorful Bean & Corn Salad and Seasoned French Fries, ready to serve and eat in about 30 minutes. On a scale of 1 to 10, this meal earned an 8.5 from my family. Definite thumbs up!

This meal will grace our table again, and maybe I'll have my new camera and can actually take a picture that will do the meal justice.

Want the recipe? Here ya go!

Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Tacos
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced and cooked (to save time, I heated up a package of Tyson's Fully Cooked Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast)
1/2 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use Turkey Bacon)
1 cup Ranch dressing
Shredded Lettuce
Mexican blend shredded cheese
Chopped tomatoes, if desired
Your choice of hard or soft taco shells

Mix chicken, bacon and Ranch dressing together. Prepare tacos by adding chicken mixture to the shell and top with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Yummy!

Bean & Corn Salad
1 can Black Beans
1 can Sweet Corn
1/2 cup mild salsa

Drain beans and corn. Mix in a bowl with salsa. Serve.
(You could add 2 Tbsp. of Italian dressing, but I like this dish just as well without).


Seasoned French Fries, well that was the really easy part. I just bought a bag of Ore Ida's at Walmart and popped 'em in the oven.

There you have it. A quick and easy meal. Think you'll try it? Why not let me know what you think?

1 comment:

  1. Tonya,

    Thanks for sharing. I will give these a try this week. They sound delicious!!
    Missy Miller
    www.discoveringus-themillers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...