Monday, August 23, 2010

Back from a Tropical Paradise

I had intended to post this in July but somehow never managed to follow through. We’d swapped Flat Travelers’ with an Air Force family stationed in Hawaii and when I returned home from the Savvy Blogging Summit, I found Tin Can Man and Military Guy had returned from Paradise with a box of goodies.   Just check this out:

richendollars in alabama 190Our package included100% Kona Coffee, a tea sampler, coffee chocolate bars and one that actually had potato chips crushed up in it and some fun souvenirs like a deck of playing cards- which my kids put to use when their friends from Ohio were visiting, and sea shell necklaces which the kids quickly claimed.

I can’t even look through the journal without dreaming of traveling to Hawaii, the pictures and postcards are absolutely stunning. The host family took them to some amazing places that included gardens, shoreline and volcanoes! You just don’t see that everyday- well, at least we don’t.  I was going to scan some of the pages of the journal so you’d have an idea of what I’m talking about, but decided you could just visit Meadow Musings and see her Hawaii pictures yourself.

We’re taking their travelers on an extra special trip with us in just a couple days and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!

Have you ever participated in Flat Traveler exchange? Where did your travelers go?

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun thing to do! I'd love to have done that when I was a teen....or even now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all enjoyed everything. The Maui Wowwee bars are really yummy and you can order them on-line if you want to try the others. We had a lot of fun taking your travelers with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone sent us a Flat Stanley when we lived in England and we took him to a few fun places. I love the idea - can't wait to start one with Crumpet!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...