Friday, June 4, 2010

The Statue of Liberty, an Awesome Date Night Idea

One of favorite places to have visited was the Statue of Liberty several years ago. Well, looking at my kids in this picture I guess it was more than several...this National Park Site had been closed after 9-11 and we were there to visit weeks after it re-opened. We loved our visit and have always talked about visiting again so I was really excited when I ran across this article, Thursdays with Lady Liberty. For a short time this summer, visitors will be able to take a ferry to Liberty Island for a BBQ dinner on the lawn and a chance to tour and photograph the statue at sunset. Unfortunately the statue won't be open, but it does sound like an awesome date night idea, doesn't it? I wonder if I could fit in a stop on my anniversary date with my husband when we travel to the Hudson River Valley in July? Hmmmm...probably not, but if you're planning a trip to this incredible American landmark, I can't imagine it could get much neater than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...