Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nashville, Tennessee


This week has been a bit different in our camper. My husband is in North Carolina undertaking a week long training session for his job. Originally we thought we’d tag along with him but the company wasn’t paying for us to go…so here we sit…at home in the camper. Well, not really. This past weekend we took off and drove to Nashville for a day of fun. We’d also planned to visit Chattanooga, but I kind of spent all my mad money during our Nashville excursion. Hmmm…bad…I know! We are still working really hard to get out of debt so a trip to the bank was really not the direction I wanted to take. So, the kids and I made a tough decision and cancelled out Chattanooga trip for now. I can’t say that the kids were terribly disappointed. They weren’t. After making the return trek from Ohio last week, they weren’t looking forward to spending anymore time in the car than was absolutely necessary. Besides, they’d much rather run around with Daddy than run around without him.

It’s not like we didn’t have plenty of fun in Nashville, we certainly had a great time!

Our first stop was to Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art. We were there for hours and had such a great time! We only left when my daughter’s flip flop broke, making it hard to continue walking along the trails. I’m going to save the details about this trip for my Field Trip Friday post, but let me just say that this was certainly a thumbs up for all of us! I can't wait to share the details and pictures of this amazing place with you so make sure you stop back tomorrow.

Next stop was to the Parthenon in Centennial Park. This attraction is actually closed on Sunday and Monday, which I knew before visiting but we couldn’t resist driving by and taking a peek anyway. Apparently something was going on and it was very crowded, which my kids can’t stand. So we just drove by and snapped a picture. We’ll add this to our collection of Roadside Attraction pics.

Our last stop of the day was to the Rainforest Café which you've already read about at Opry Mills. Who could resist? We had an incredibly fun day and can't wait to visit Nashville again.

Have you been to Nashville? Tell me what you liked...or didn't...

3 comments:

  1. I love that you saw the Parthenon in TN! I must get there someday. We've seen the real one - it was amazing. We've also seen Stonehenge, AND Foamhenge, which is a replica in VA. We were going camping, and as we were driving down the road, I yelled 'stop the car, did you just see what I saw??' We turned around, and there, in the middle of nowhere, Virginia, was Stonehenge. Made of foam. Too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, never been to Nashville.

    But I would jump at the chance.

    Never been to Rainforest Cafe either. I know, shocking, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, You've been to the neatest places! I don't know if we'll ever see Stonehenge, but I'm thinking Foamhenge would be cool. There is supposed to be one near Atlanta that the kids and I tried to find. We're kind of getting into these silly road side attractions!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...