Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Three Blogs you Should Check Out

I love it when I run across websites and online activities that enhance our homeschool experience. This week I decided I'd share three of my favorite finds so you can check them out too.

First off, this is one I'm really excited about, an Online Science Fair, perfect for our traveling family!




Coming March 5th, The Mac Rac: Everything is a Family Thing is hosting an online science fair. Registration is free, easy and painless. To learn more about this awesome opportunity or to sign up your student and receive the Science Fair Registration packet stop by their page for details about the Mac-Cyber Science Fair to learn how your children can participate.

Looking for FREE resources? What more could you ask for?





This is a great website to help stretch your hard earned dollars. Free Homeschooling 101 is full of links and websites that offer totally free lesson plans, videos, curriculum and resources for the home educating parents from phonics to chemisty, preschool to college. I really enjoyed the newest post. The title speaks for itself, Reducing the Pain of Spelling Class.

Need a bit of help in the writing department?


SmallWorld's WordSmithery


I stopped by Small World @ Home and happily stumbled upon these new lessons. So far there are six lessons that begin with creating a journal and follow up with lessons like using powerful words to enhance your writings, similes, metaphors & strong verbs and alliteration and spring flowers. These lessons are geared towards all ages, so get that journal and get started!Did I mention that Small World @ Home is the host for this weeks Carnvial of Homeschooling: Think Spring?

There you have it, three fantastic blogs that I have recently discovered. Each able to help out in someway with my homeschooling endeavors. I'll share a few more down the road. In the meantime, I'd love if you'd share blogs that you look to for homeschool help. Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog Tonya. At my RV Park near San Antonio I just met a couple wonderful homeschooling families. One of them has a great blog also. You can read it at: http://touringbrits.blogspot.com/
    If you haven't already made all your San Antonio plans come stay with us while you visit. We'd love to visit with "ya'll." You can visit our blog to get get some good San Antonio travel info. Happy travels

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...