Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nutrition 101: Choose Life! ~ A Review

Photobucket

I know I keep telling you that I love the products I’ve been reviewing, but I really do and this recent product is no exception. I love products that don’t assume that their product is the only one I’m using in my homeschool. A product that is simple, straightforward and easy to use gets high votes from this busy mom!   Nutrition 101: Choose Life! A Family Nutrition and Health Program by Debra Rayburn, N.D., Sera Johnson, Laura Hopkins and Karen Hopkins did not disappoint.


I really, really cannot emphasize enough how much I enjoyed using this program with my children. This program takes a look at what we eat, what the foods we choose do to our body, and how we can make better choices using key scriptures that show us how important it is to care for the temple the Lord has blessed us with.


Photobucket

This course is very timely for my family as we strive to make choices that will strengthen our bodies not only now, but in the long run. Nutrition 101: Choose Life! is set up as a unit study for all ages, from toddler up, but I really think that it is most appropriate for middle school and up. Each easy to use unit is broken down into chapters that can easily be completed  in a week following the suggested loose lesson plan.


Nutrition 101: Choose Life! covers the 12 main body systems in six units, the Brain and Nervous system, the Digestive system, the Respiratory, Olfactory, Auditory and Visual systems, the Muscular and Skeletal systems, the Cardiovascular and Immune systems and the Endocrine system and Emotions.  Each unit includes an overview of the body system, discussion questions, suggested activities to choose from for both elementary and secondary students, recipes and more activities (including some experiments), that encourage you and your children to make healthy food choices.  And for the interested high school student or parent, there are additional resources that allow you to dig a bit deeper.


Nutrition 101: Choose Life! is a great resource for anyone that is looking for a beginner’s guide to healthy eating and living. Not only does it cover why we should make wise choices, it also addresses what happens to our body when we don’t. Plus, it gives helpful information about supplements and exercise that I found very helpful. This is NOT your run of the mill health book, if you’ve ever been curious about incorporating whole foods or healthier options to your diet,  you’ll find yourself referring to this resource again and again!

Nutrition 101: Choose Life! is available as an e-product on CD-Rom for $79.95, as a 448 page, beautifully hardbound book for $99.95, or as a combination of the two (CD-Rom and hardbound book) for $129.95, which allows you to easily print the charts and recipes that are included in the book as needed.


I’m pleased to announce that for a limited time, my readers can purchase materials from Growing Healthy Homes at a 15% discount using the code TOSCrew11.     


Nutrition 101: Choose Life is a product from Growing Healthy Homes. You can find out more about the this product and others that they offer to promote healthy living at their website or by calling 918-841-2934.


You can stop over at The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew to read what other crew members had to say about this product.  


Just so you know, I received an e-product of Nutrition 101: Choose Life! free of charge as part of the TOS Crew for the sole purpose of reviewing the product and sharing my honest opinion with my readers. I have not been paid for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...