Friday, April 15, 2011

For the Love of our National Parks

road trip day 3 024

One of the first things I do when I begin to make travel arrangements is to search the National Parks website to determine if there is a park located along or nearby the route to our destination. Often free or low-cost, family friendly, relaxing, educational, and sometimes entertaining, what’s not to love about the National Park system? 

April 16th through April 24th, is National Park Week. This week ALL parks offer free admission and have arranged special programming that focus on this year’s theme Healthy Parks, Healthy People.  The park system has planned some really special activities so if you have a National Park near you, this may be a great week for a field trip!

In honor of my family’s love of our National Parks, I’ll be taking the next week to share some of the parks that we’ve visited and enjoyed, as well as some of the tips I’ve learned over the years when it comes to making the most out of your visit.  

I’d love to hear about some of your favorite parks too so I’ve decided to offer a link-up. There aren’t any rules, you don’t even need to link back to my sight (though I would appreciate it), so if you’ve ever written about an experience you’ve had at one of our National Treasures, feel free to join in!

5 comments:

  1. Hm, we've been to 30 or so so far! And I admit this week we'll avoid them and go when there aren't crowds. We love that our schedule allows us to go on quiet(er) days! I may have some links for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see where you've been! We've only been to Acadia National Park in Maine. We LOVE it there, but it's too far away to visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've not been to Acadia but plan to if and when we are finally able to visit the New England states. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, we don't enjoy crowds. I think that is one aspect to homeschooling that has really spoiled us-- we have the luxury of traveling during the off season. :) Thanks for linking up-- I always enjoy reading what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The links are a great idea! Wish I could do that on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...