Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Bit of Sunshine for My Dreary Week

Today was not the best day. I’ve been a bit ho hum the past couple days. I even asked my husband if he thought I was depressed and needed medicated! lol I’m not really depressed. I know exactly what my problem is. Every time I go to Ohio and visit my friends and family, I miss Ohio…even though Alabama finally feels like home. I can’t help but get a teeny, tiny bit melancholy.

It doesn’t help that after my trip this time, my husband received a job offer to go back to Ohio, right after I’d returned home, when I was really missing everyone! Part of me is tempted to pack my bags and run, part of me is resentful of the offer. After all, we don’t really want to move. We love our friends, our church, the absence of snow (I certainly don’t miss that white stuff)…I could go on but I think you get the picture. We are happy here. It took awhile for me to say that, but we’re blooming where we’ve been planted.  Something that I didn’t think would ever happen.

So, I’ve moped around this week and today I received an email that brightened my day. It seems that someone nominated my blog for one of the Top 25 Homeschool Blogs! That’s so cool- so if that was you, thank you…you made my day!

If you appreciate my blog and feel Live the Adventure is worthy, I’d love for you to take a minute to stop by and vote at a Circle of Mom’s. You can vote once a day until voting ends on May 11th. All you have to do is click on the cute little button below and click the thumbs up button for Live the Adventure.   

Thanks so much! I’m truly grateful!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Tonya! How exciting; you definitely deserve it. I just went and voted for you.

    BTW, I'm glad to know that it's possible to grow to love this place... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your nomination! Your life has been so up in the air for so long. So many changes - it could wreak havoc with anyone's emotions! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tiffany! :) It didn't happen overnight but we have grown to love Alabama- I'm sure one day you'll love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim, you understand what that's like, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...