Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Let’s Put the Education in Travel

wild ponyWhen I was a 8 years old, my parents pulled me out of school for two weeks so we could take a family vacation to Chincoteague, Virginia. The school gave me a list of lessons which I was to complete before returning. I would wake each morning, complete my lessons and spend the rest of the day relaxing and learning with my family.

Two years later, I read Misty of Chincoteague by Margaret Henry for the first time. The words on the page combined with my memories and the book came alive for me. 

Want to hear more? Please join me at the Homeschool Blogger Company Front Porch as I share some of the tips I’ve learned over the years to mix education and travel and share some of the ways that you mix the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...