Monday, June 20, 2011

Kids Love I-75~ A Review

kids love 75 

You know I love to travel with my family. I also love resources that save me time when it comes to planning those trips. One of the resources that I have used repeatedly over the years and can wholeheartedly recommend is the popular Kids Love Travel publications by George & Michele Zavatsky.

I own and have used Kids Love Ohio, Kids Love Kentucky and Kids Love Tennessee for years so I was excited to have the opportunity to review Kids Love I-75: A Family Travel Guide for Exploring the Best “Kid-Tested” Places Along I-75- From Michigan to Florida in the new e-book format.

Kids Love I-75 offers hundreds of kid-approved suggestions to help you make the most out of your road trip along this popular interstate. Not only does it list all the attractions worth stopping at that are within 10 miles of the freeway, you’ll also find a few lodging and restaurant suggestions that will appeal to your family as well. 

With nearly 400 pages, this resource begins by offering general travel tips and information to ensure that your trip is fun, memorable and stress free. There is also an overview that shows you how to get the most out of your guide- though I found the book extremely well-organized.

Kids Love I-75 is broken down into sections by state. After reading a quick introduction of what you may see in each state, you’ll find possible activities listed by topic and exit number for easy reference. The topic categories include amusements, animals & farms, history, museums, outdoor exploring, the arts, tours, science, sports, welcome centers and suggested lodging and dining. You’re sure to find something that appeals to each member of your family. 

You’ll also find dozens of maps that break down the interstate in 20 mile increments all the way from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan to Miami, Florida. The maps list the indexed attractions at each exit, rest stops along the way and popular fast food restaurants with notations for an indoor or outdoor playgrounds, making it easy to find stops to stretch your legs. 

The bulk of the book includes brief reviews of each of the sites. You’ll learn what the attraction is about or known for, what to expect and a few tips when appropriate.  The address, website, phone number, hours of operation, and admission prices for each attraction are also listed though I’ve found (and the authors suggest) that it’s always a good idea to call ahead and confirm these details prior to your arrival.  As a homeschooling mom, I also appreciate the references to teaching materials when they are available through the individual attractions website.  

As much as I love to hold physical books, I have to admit that the convenience of e-books have really grown on me. The e-books are available as an instant download, work with your computer and other e-reader devices such as an iPad, Nook Color and Kindle 3, and allow you to effortlessly follow the links to the websites that are sprinkled throughout the pages of the book. I also appreciate that I can highlight portions of text directly on my computer that I don’t want to miss, add a sticky note with my own thoughts and print only the pages that I need. You’ll find more benefits of e-books at Kids Love Travel.

If you’re looking for an incredible resource to help you plan out a field trip, daytrip, side trip, weekend away from home or even a full-blown vacation, the Kids Love Travel guides are full of fun ideas and places to see with your family.

Why do all the work when it’s already been done for you?

Would you like to learn more? Now you can take a look inside the cover of Kids Love I-75 at the Kids Love Travel Publications website. You’ll also find Kids Love I-95 and 15 other state guide books in the series and other resources to make your family travel trips unforgettable. 

Kids Love I-75 is now on sale for $17.95 plus shipping, while the electronic version costs only $15.95 through KidsLoveTravel.com.

Are you familiar with the Kids Love Travel books? Which one(s) have you used?

**I received the Kids Love I-75 e-book free of charge in exchange for offering an honest review of the product to my readers. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and have not been influenced in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...