Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mid-Week Highlights: Time for Some Linky Love

Last week I shared my first “Mid-Week Highlights”- a few of the posts around the web that I appreciated. I received some positive feedback so I decided to make this a new feature and I hope that you enjoy these posts as much as I have.

living life at home My friend Shannon at Living Life at Home is highlighting a series of guest posts on her blog from Tina Franks detailing step-by-step instructions for creating your own unit studies.  If you’ve ever considered writing your own unit studies but didn’t know where to start, or are looking for a way to expand on your children’s interests while making sure you have all your “bases covered”, this series is a great place to start! 

Jimmie's Collage

This summer my son will turn 18. Per his request, he and I will travel to New York City. One of our planned stops is to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. After reading Jimmie’s post about her recent visit,I’m anticipating our journey all the more! I loved her post and if you’ve ever been curious as if a Charlotte Mason approach to homeschooling works, you won’t want to miss How CM Artist Study Took Us to the Met.   

top 25 blogs Circle of Moms is hosting the Top 25 Homeschool Blogs contest right now. If you’re looking for some new blogs to read, this is a great place to start. And this it the part where I insert a shameless plug. My blog has been nominated and last I looked, there are only about 10 votes separating Live the Adventure from the Top 25. I’d love to be included on that list. If you enjoy my blog will you please consider stopping by and giving Live the Adventure a thumbs up? You can vote once a day until the end of the contest on May 11th.  

Mother’s Day is approaching and I loved this post from Two Kids and a Map- a tribute to her mother and her love of travel that was inspired by her mom. Love it. Over the years my kids have gotten really tired of traveling. I only hope that when they get a bit older, they are able to look back on our adventures fondly and savor all those memories.

Finally, The Perrin Report: A-to-Z Guide to Traveling with Kids has some great advice for parents’! If you’re planning a road trip this summer you may want to read some of the suggestions the experts offer!  

Don’t forget that this Friday I’ll be hosting Field Trip Friday. If you’d like to participate by sharing some place that you’ve been, you can find the guidelines here.  

There you have it, another edition of Mid-Week Highlights. If you’ve read a post this week that you found particularly helpful, why not leave a link below in the comments? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...