Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hey Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek ~ A Review

Greek. Just thinking about teaching this subject seems intimidating, doesn’t it? Well, it did for me. Maybe that’s why I put if off for so long. If I had to guess I’d say that if it wasn’t for me serving on the TOS Crew Review Team, I’d have never ventured into the land of Greek. Sure it was a nice thought, but I probably wouldn’t have stepped up to the plate and jumped in.

greek n stuff logo

When I received Level 3 of  Hey Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek last fall, I passed it on to my oldest son. He eagerly carried the product away and within days was rambling off interesting tidbits that he was learning.

Hey Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek is about as non-intimidating as a program could be. The easy no nonsense approach begins by introducing (or reviewing, depending on where you start) the Greek alphabet and progresses systematically as it introduces grammatical concepts with plenty of review built in. 

student book For the purpose of review, I received the “Full Text” Answer Key, the Student Workbook and the Pronunciation CD. A Greek interlinear version of the New Testament is needed for reading practice and copywork.

Hey Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek is affordable, easy to use and practical. The only downside that I can think of is that for an older student (upper high school), it moves a bit slow, though that can easily be remedied by increasing the lessons to two or three workbook pages a day instead of one, especially in the beginning when your student is learning the alphabet, and moving through the program a bit faster. 

This course is easy to understand and laid out well so your child is fully able to complete the course with minimal parental involvement- though you may decide to learn along with your student. 

Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek offers eight levels to choose from for preschool aged children to high school students with prices ranging from $40 to $75 for the entire set, though you can purchase individual components. You can view the online catalog which also includes a Latin program called Latin’s Not So Tough!    

You can view sample pages of the Greek N Stuff products here

You can stop over at The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew to read what other crew members had to say about this product.  

Just so you know, I received Hey Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek as part of the TOS Crew for the sole purpose of reviewing the product and sharing my honest opinion with my readers. I have not been paid for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...