As a student, there wasn’t anything I looked forward to more than a field trip. I still remember trips to the zoo, a cookie factory and the State Capital.
When I began homeschooling, I couldn’t think of a better way to solidify what we were learning in our studies than to take an occasional outing.
When we began traveling with my husband’s job, it seemed as though our life became one big field trip.
Though my educational philosophy has undergone changes many times over the years, one thing has remained…you guessed it, my families love of field trips which I LOVE to share with you through Field Trip Friday.
Would you like to participate, but aren’t sure where to start? I’ve come up with a few guidelines when it comes to linking up to Field Trip Friday.
- Field Trip Friday is held the 1st Friday of each month and will be up for link ups through Linky Tools by 12am on Friday and will remain open for links for 7 days.
- When you link up, link directly to your Field Trip Friday post so we don’t have to search through your entire blog.
- Don’t forget to link back to Live the Adventure so other’s can learn about Field Trip Friday and hopefully join in as well.
- If you aren’t sure what to mention in your post, consider mentioning the 5 W’s- Who, What, Where, When, Why and How , but not necessarily in that order.
- Who did you go with? Was this trip a field trip or scheduled outing with a group or a family activity?
- What did you learn about or hope to gain from the outing? What resources did you find helpful?
- Where did you go?
- When did you go?
- Why did you go? Were you learning about this topic? Were you looking to expand your child’s comprehension of a topic? Was this a spur of the moment, impromptu trip?
- How did you prepare for or follow-up for this outing?
- A picture is worth a thousand words, I hope you’ll consider adding some to your post!
- Feel free to use either of the Field Trip Friday graphics within your post.
- Though most of my readers are homeschooler’s or roadschooler’s, Field Trip Friday is open to anyone that accompanies their child on a Field Trip- as long as the blog you are linking to is family friendly.
I think that’s about it. If I’ve missed something, please leave a comment or drop me an email at the traveling praters at gmail dot com.
Happy Field Trippin’!