I can’t believe the two weeks I took off of blogging are already over! I’m embarrassed to admit that the time just sped away from me and I didn’t get a thing done, that you can see anyway.
I may not have made many visible changes, but I have given a great deal of thought about how to continue with my blog. So, on that note, I have a few announcements.
1. I’d really love for my blog to be more interactive. I’d like to hear from more readers. In order to do this, I’ve considered adding a Blog Frog community. How does that work for those of you that have them? Are any of you interested in communicating this way? Tell me what YOU think, I’m all ears!
2. I’ve also thought for several months how I’d love to highlight some of your blogs more. I really enjoy and sharing links that I find helpful so I’m trying to decide how to best add this in. Have you taken a look at The Homeschool Village? They have a Village Visitor that is highlighted each week- I really love that idea.
3. I’d love, love, love to have some guest bloggers. If you’re interested in guest posting here at Live the Adventure, please leave a comment below or shoot me an email at thetravelingpraters at gmail dot com.
4. I will be moving to self-hosted Wordpress in the coming weeks. I’ve known since I returned from the Savvy Blogging Summit that I a move to Wordpress was eminent. Right now I’m researching hosts, themes, and trying to decide how I want everything designed and laid out. The move shouldn’t really affect my readers any since I already purchased my domain name. I anticipate a fairly easy and smooth switch when the time comes, of course I’m open to tips and advice of anyone that has been there and done that can offer.
5. I will continue to place a couple advertisements here but I don’t want to turn my blog into a billboard. Personally, I appreciate it when I come across a product that a fellow blogger recommends when it is from someone whose opinion I value and I hope I can do that for you. In the coming weeks I plan to share why I have chosen to place advertising on Live the Adventure from certain companies. I will only advertise products or services that I am familiar with, have used personally, and feel are a good value to my reader.
6. Finally, I will be adding sponsors to my sidebar. If you have a 125 x 125 button that you would like to have displayed, please let me know. Since this is new to me, I’m offering a low introductory rate of only $10 for three months. I’d like to kick these off soon so once again, send me an email if you’re interested. If you don’t have a button, I can help out if needed.
I also plan to give my blog a fresh new look and update it a bit since we are no longer traveling in our motor home but that change will have to wait until I move to Wordpress.
Well, what do you think? Do you find it easy or overwhelming to accomplish what you want on your blog?