Monday, January 3, 2011

My Children Share: Their First Ski and Snowboard Experience

skiing at snow trails1I can’t believe that we raised our children for years minutes from a ski lodge and never once attempted to go skiing! So what do we do? We move to Alabama and THEN drive hours back to Ohio so they can attempt to stay on their feet on the slopes. 

I asked my kids to share their thoughts on the experience- hope you enjoy reading what they have to say.

snow trails 5

When we were in Ohio, we went skiing and snowboarding with some of our friends. It was our first time but we were convinced we’d do a great job. We soon found out that skiing is not as easy as we originally thought. At first I was doing good, I had only fallen twice, but as the day went on, I got worse and worse until finally I was so mad that I just stopped. I thought maybe snowboarding would be better, but NO, I was wrong once again. After wiping out a few more times I called it quits and vowed NEVER to ski or snowboard again. I mean it. NEVER! ~ Nickolaus

snow trails 3Some of my best friends have gone skiing and snowboarding for years. They’ve tried to talk me into going with them forever so I was really hoping this trip that it would work out for me to finally try. It was a lot of fun. I spent half of the day skiing before I switched to snowboarding. I started on the small hills but before we left I even went down some of the bigger ones. It was great and I can’t wait to go again! The only thing I would have done different is to have taken a lesson from one of the instructors instead of just listening to my friends. Though I managed to stay on my feet the majority of the time, I need some practice when it comes to stopping.  ~ Joshua

snow trails 4

While we were in Ohio, we had some of our friends ask us if we wanted to go skiing with them. My first reaction was No, but I thought about it and decided it would be fun to try. I decided I wanted to skip the lesson, since it was an hour long and I thought my friend would teach me pretty well. But it was only her second time, and well…. It didn’t go so well. It was extremely fun but it would have been nice to know a few things. Like how to turn, how to stop without falling down or running into some random stranger and how to actually get on my skis without sliding down the hill. So yeah, those things would probably have been good to know. Haha. ~ Chelsea

There you have it, the scoop on skiing, out of the mouths of my children. I have one that was extremely disappointed and feels like he wasted his money. One that thought it was okay and not the worst thing she’s ever done and one child that absolutely loved the experience and can’t wait to go again.  

Have you ever tried skiing or snowboarding?  What’s been your best (or worse) experience on the slopes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...