Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Geography Week On the Company Porch

This week the writer’s On the Company Porch are talking about geography. I shared some of the resources we have used over the years as well as some that we still incorporate in our studies. If you are looking for some ideas, why not pop over to see what everyone has to say?  

Photobucket
My Favorite Resources and Some Fun Ideas for Teaching Geography

Geography has always been one of my favorite subjects. I guess it’s because from the time I was very young, I loved to travel. Taking afternoon trips with my grandparent’s across fields and highways and bridges to visit Lake Erie. Standing along the shoreline gazing out over the water and feeling the wind whip through my hair never ceased to amaze me. Or spending summers in the gently rolling hills of Southern Ohio. Enjoying one of our only family vacations to Assateague Island in Northeast Virginia. Yep, those memories gave me a passion for exploring the world- one I desired to share with my own children and something that we’ve been able to accomplish in our home while traveling with my husbands’ job for nearly five years.

Ideally it would be great to learn about the geography and cultures in our world through travel alone, but I also know that’s not always possible. So, I’d like to share some of the resources and activities that we’ve used over the years to bring the world into our home.

You can find the rest of the post here.

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...