When I saw this in my inbox, I knew I had to join this meme. The Kinect is already on my family’s wish list for Christmas and who wouldn’t turn down a chance to win an incredible stash from GameStop? Read on….
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
That we will actually make it safely to Ohio and back to see our family and friends.
Two years ago we ran in to some terrible weather in the mountains of Kentucky. The roads were icy and the traffic wasn’t crawling, it had stopped completely. Thankfully there was a hotel within our line of vision so we crawled there like everyone else who had spotted it. After waiting in line for nearly an hour at the front desk we were checked in and tucked into bed in our rooms.
Last year we were heading home from Ohio when the transmission went out of our Trailblazer. We ended up renting a two door tiny car for my family of five to return to Alabama. My three huge teenagers sat in the miniscule backseat while the dog tried unsuccessfully to get comfortable laying stretched across all their laps. That was a LONG ride. My butt still aches thinking about that one.
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition?
We don’t really have any traditions now. I like to read the Christmas story from the Bible and then we open presents and visit our family. Of course, that is what we did before we moved.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
That would be a toss up between traveling somewhere with my family or getting an SLR camera all to myself.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
We have an Advent story that we read, reminding us of the true reason for Christmas.
We love to watch the sappy Christmas movies that run on the Hallmark Channel for the entire month of December.
We also drive around and look at the lights that people put up on their houses.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
I remember Yahtzee, Scrabble, Monopoly –oh how I hate Monopoly now- Uno, board games. Definitely board games.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
If possible we join the rest of the family at my aunt’s house on Christmas Eve.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip?
I’d love to stay at the Biltmore Farm’s Hotel if I could take my entire family.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
The Kinect Fitness Bundle, a PS3, a Wii Fit to see if we like that or the Kinect better.