Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Road Trip for Mommy

Later in the week, I'll be leaving for the Savvy Blogging Summit in Breckenridge, Colorado. I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about the upcoming trip.

I was thrilled when I found out months ago that I'd be going. Now I'm a wee bit apprehensive. Not only have I not ever really been away from my family like this before but I have to admit after living with them for the past year in such close quarters, the thought of waking up and not having them nearby is really...well...making me feel a tad bit ill at ease.

I'm not the only one that feels this way. My kids are obviously troubled too. They really don't know what they are going to eat this week and are afraid that they are going to starve. That's it. Not that they will miss me or worry about me. They are afraid they won't have any good food to eat. I suppose I should feel flattered that they appreciate my cooking as much as they do. My husband has promised to take them out to eat on a couple occasions. Problem averted. Actually, they have mentioned that they really, truly are going to miss me. You know what? I feel blessed to have three teenagers that will admit that they enjoy having mom around.

I know the summit is going to be an incredible experience for me. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the other bloggers that I know will be there and finally meeting my friend, Shannon from Living Life at Home, who I met nearly two years ago when we were paired up to work on a project in an online marketing class we were taking.

I can't wait to learn how to make the most out of my blog and share what I've learned with you when I get back. I may even post a bit from the conference if I can find the time, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you...as if you would. Ha!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, good luck. You will have a blast! And after you survive it, you'll feel so confident about your abilities! It's really nice that your teenagers admit that they will miss you. You must be doing something right! (And cooking really well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. I've dreamed of going to a blog conference someday.

    I'm sure your kids will miss more than your cooking while you are gone and it is sweet that even at their ages they will admit to missing you.

    Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a really great time Tonya - I can't wait to hear about everything you've been up to :)

    And take care on that journey...you know, regular breaks and all that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I recognized you on my blog today.

    http://annie-babble.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...