Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Inexpensive Homeschool Curriculum

I'm of the mindset that the Lord led us to homeschool and He is certainly capable of supplying our needs. And He has. Over and over again. This can be in the form of borrowed items, free online items, library materials, sale items through curriculum vendors and thrift store finds.

Of all the categories I've listed, thrift store finds are my favorite, hands down. I love to shop. And I'm cheap. Thrift stores allow me to satisfy my near shopping addiction while spending a minimum amount of money.

To my delight, I've found a thrift store nearby that frequently has homeschool curriculum and an awesome selection of books for next to nothing. I normally stop in at least twice a week to check out the new donations and each time I walk away with an armload of books. Last week I hit the mother lode and carried out a box loaded with awesome titles for under $8.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that I can't possibly keep all of the books that I've acquired this way, after all, we are living in close quarters. So when we finish with the books that I buy I share them with friends, swap the books at Paperbackswap.com, trade them locally for store credit or sell them online and use the money to purchase materials that can not be found at thrift stores which allows me to keep our budget for homeschooling books and curriculum low.

Take a peek at what I've found this week:



I think thrift stores are just one more awesome way that the Lord provides for our needs.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool finds! We love thrift stores too, you just never know what you will find.

    ps. This is Tristan from CC, happy Love Bomb!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...