Monday, October 17, 2011

Moving Forward

I can’t believe that it’s been over three months since we last had internet in our home! Wonder why it’s taken so long? Take a peek at our driveway.

Apparently it is quite a costly ordeal to service houses such as ours. I finally got tired of waiting for the local internet company that I had contacted the beginning of September and added Mi-Fi to our monthly Verizon bill. If it wasn’t for cell phones and internet, we’d be rich. ha!

I’ve fluctuated between loving the absence of  internet and thinking that I couldn’t possibly survive one more minute without it. I hadn’t realized just how much we depend on the internet for our day to day tasks. I also hadn’t realized just how time consuming my “blogging” had become. I guess you could say that I was a bit out of control.

My forced break has given me more time to spend with my crazy family (I actually had to sit beside these freaks at a football game!),

take my son to football most days of the week,

play catch outside with our fur baby, 

and actually read some books! I just finished Kiss by Ted Dekker and The Plain Truth by Jodi Piccoult, both of which I really enjoyed.  

My unexpected break has also given me time to consider where I want to go from here. As much as I love sharing where we’ve been and what we’ve been doing, I was getting to the point where blogging just wasn’t fun anymore. Writing does keep me sane though, so rather than give up and throw in the towel, I’m going to make a couple changes.

I spent a great deal of time moving my blog towards a travel site. As much as I love travel, writing exclusively about one subject just isn’t me. As hard as I try, it just isn’t my personality to focus on one subject at a time. I just naturally bounce from one subject to another. You should watch me clean my house sometime. :) 

Don’t worry, if you’re here to read about the fun, family friendly, educational outings that my family enjoys, you’ll still find those posts. I’ll also share more about our homeschooling successes (and failures), as well as my own insecurities as a wife and mom. I’ve also decided that I’ll share more about one of my obsessions hobbies; decorating with thrift store finds. Check out some of my recent finds:

 The flower arrangement and picture frames (from Kirkland's and Hobby Lobby) all cost less than $10!

Honestly,  if I could justify devoting the time to it, I’d branch thrift store decorating  off into a blog of its own. Right now my goal is not to spend more time online, even if we do have internet.  

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I would LOVE to live down that driveway, but am not sure I'd survive without internet... I do understand how blogging becomes less fun though. I'm very random about my posts now, and SO much happier! Looking forward to hearing more about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching for you! I'm happy your back :) I totally understand. I've thought a few different times about going one specific way with my blog. Supposedly blogs do "better" when you do that but I just can't make myself do it. I really do love just blogging about whatever I feel like blogging that day and most of what I blog is just OUR family! loved the pics in your post. good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes getting that forced perspective makes all the difference in the world doesn't it? I've been there ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...