Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Ten of 2011

I can’t believe that we’ve come to the end of 2011 already. What a year it’s been! I thought I’d take a minute to share my most popular posts from 2011. You never know, they may just inspire you to plan something fun for 2012 and hopefully give you a few tips to save a bit of money along the way! 

1. Tips for a Smoother Traveling with Kids Experience

We’ve always traveled, from the time our kids were tiny. This post shares some of the tips I’ve implemented over the years to train my children to be good travelers.

2. Fun and Inexpensive Staycation Ideas for Mansfield, Ohio

At first glance, Mansfield may look like there isn’t much to offer but if you know where to look you’ve discover it’s the perfect spot for an inexpensive staycation.

3. Harmony Park Safari; a Hidden Gem in Huntsville, Alabama

We had spent two years traveling back and forth to Huntsville and lived there for a year before we found this amazing gem.   

4. Get More Bang for your Buck: Hotel Savings

Let’s fact it, it can be super expensive to travel so why would you want to blow your travel budget on lodging? This post gives you plenty of tips to save money on hotel costs.   

5. Ten Ways to Save on Prom Expenses

Last year was the first time we dealt with the expense of prom and we didn’t have one child attending- we had three! I wrote this post to show others some of the ways that we saved money and made prom a very affordable event.

6. Getting Started with Twitter

I love Twitter but have to admit that it was incredibly confusing when I first logged on. This post is my attempt to explain and simplify Twitter.     

7.  Ten Reasons You’ll Love Callaway Gardens

When my family was invited to Callaway Gardens, I had no idea what we were in for. I still imagine returning for a week long, family friendly adventure. Callaway Gardens is really some place special!

8. Samuel Boardman State Scenic Corridor

This may be my Top Ten list, but I didn’t write this post. Nope. This post was written by Barb from the ever-popular, if- you- haven’t- seen- it, you- must- visit- site, The Handbook of Nature Study. I have to say that after reading her guest post I certainly can’t wait to plan a trip to Oregon.   

9. Fort Wilderness Campground: Is It Really an Affordable and Enjoyable Alternative to Disney Resort Hotels? 

Our stay at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground certainly was memorable, but not in a good way. Thankfully, Disney stepped up and saved the night and it turned out not so bad after all.

10. Hiking Trails Near Huntsville, Alabama: Devil’s Racetrack near Wade Mountain  

One of the reasons we loved living in Alabama was that we were able to hike nearly anytime of the year. That allowed us to visit quite a few hiking trails. This is written from our experience to Devil’s Racetrack.

Thanks for reading The Traveling Praters! I hope you all have a very Happy New Year and can’t wait to see what 2012 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Blessings!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...